Position Opening: Part-Time – Director of Children’s Ministry
Position Summary: The Director of Children’s Ministry provides leadership and oversight for all Children’s and Family Ministries at Faith UMC, so that the children in our congregation will become disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. The Director will work with volunteer teams to continue current programming and events for children ages birth through grade 5, while implementing a vision for innovative ministries to connect with children and families in the community.
Hours: 12 hours per week. Attendance required on Sunday mornings and at evening meetings, programs, and events approximately 2-3 times per month. Preparation and administration tasks may be completed from home.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or Christian Studies
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Children’s Ministry in a paid or volunteer leadership capacity
- Act 33, Act 34, and FBI Background Clearances
- Must be 22 years old or older
In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Be an active follower of Jesus Christ, committed to supporting the ministry of the church.
- Ability to solve practical problems and effectively cope with the challenges that may arise from working with a variety of people in a church setting.
- Possess strong organizational skills in managing complex tasks with autonomy.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prefer a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the church ministries.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org